1.1.A.17 Additional absences (CCB)
Where a service has commenced operating under the CCMS, for the purpose of CCB, additional absences are absences for specified reasons when a child is absent on a day on which care would otherwise have been provided if the child was not absent, and the family is charged for that care. Additional absences can only be claimed when a family has used all of their initial 42 absence days (1.1.A.05). CCB is payable for all additional absences and there is no limit on the number of additional absence days a recipient may claim, providing the absence days are taken for specified reasons and supporting documentation, where required, is provided.
Specified reasons are:
- an illness of the child, the individual in whose care the child is, that individual's partner or another individual with whom the child lives,
- an outbreak of infectious disease when the child is not immunised,
- a parent being on a rotating shift or rostered day off,
- a temporary closure of a school or a pupil free day,
- a period of local emergency,
- shared custody arrangements due to a court order, a registered parenting plan, a parenting plan or a parenting order,
- attendance at preschool, and
- an additional absence in exceptional circumstances (1.1.A.18) has been claimed by a service.
Act reference: FAAct section 10 Effect of absence of child from care of approved child care service other than an approved occasional care service