22.214.171.124 CCB Immunisation Requirements
For the purposes of CCB, the immunisation requirements described below apply to children under 20 years of age. For CCB, the child's immunisation status held by the Australian Immunisation Register is checked each day.
Immunisation requirements for CCB
A child meets the immunisation requirements for CCB if:
- the child is immunised in accordance with a standard vaccination schedule or is on a catch-up vaccination schedule according to the current Australian Immunisation Handbook, or
- a general practitioner has certified in writing that the immunisation of the child would be medically contraindicated under the specifications set out in the Australian Immunisation Handbook, or
- a general practitioner has certified in writing that the child does not require immunisation because the child has contracted a disease or diseases and as a result has developed a natural immunity, or
- the child is a participant in a vaccine study approved by a Human Research Ethics Committee registered with the National Health and Medical Research Council, or
- the Secretary or their delegate determines in writing the child meets the immunisation requirements.