220.127.116.11 Change of Rate Circumstances
- rate circumstances affecting FA,
- rate circumstances affecting FTB,
- rate circumstances affecting only FTB Part A,
- rate circumstances affecting only CCB, and
- effect on the rate of CCB by fee reduction of not supplying some types of information.
Rate circumstances affecting FA
An individual must notify Centrelink if:
- they commence or cease providing care for an FTB or regular care child,
- they become or cease being a member of a couple (1.1.M.50).
An individual should notify Centrelink if there are changes in their, or their partner's (1.1.P.30):
- taxable income (1.1.T.20),
- reportable fringe benefits,
- target foreign income (1.1.T.05), including tax exempt foreign employment income,
- total net investment loss (1.1.T.53),
- tax free pension or benefit,
- reportable superannuation contributions (1.1.R.35), or
- deductible child maintenance expenditure (3.2.7).
Act reference: FAAct Schedule 3 Adjusted taxable income
Rate circumstances affecting FTB
An individual who receives FTB by instalment must notify Centrelink if:
- they and/or their partner leave Australia (1.1.A.120) even for a short time, or return to Australia,
- their FTB or regular care child:
- leaves Australia even for a short time, or return to Australia,
- commences or ceases receiving an income support payment (1.1.I.50),
- commences or ceases being their partner,
- is prevented from being in their care without their consent, or is in their care to a reduced extent due to another person's non-compliance with a care arrangement (1.1.C.05),
- becomes or ceases being an Australian resident (1.1.A.130),
- who is not an Australian resident, commences or ceases living with them,
- is aged 16 to 18 years and ceases or recommences full-time secondary study (1.1.F.60), or
- the shared care percentage for their FTB or regular care child changes.
Rate circumstances affecting only FTB Part A
An individual who receives FTB must notify Centrelink if:
- their FTB child is aged 19 years and ceases or recommences full-time secondary study,
- they are, or are not, taking reasonable maintenance action, or
- there is a change in the amount of their maintenance income.
If the individual receives RA as part of their FTB Part A rate, they must notify Centrelink of any changes to the amount of rent paid.
Act reference: FA(Admin)Act section 25 Obligation to notify change of circumstances
FAAct Schedule 1 clause 7 Standard rate
Policy reference: FA Guide 1.1.S.27 Senior secondary school child (FTB)
Rate circumstances affecting only CCB
An individual receiving CCB as reduced fees must notify Centrelink if:
- they, or their partner, gain or lose an exception to the 24 or 50 hour weekly limit of CCB, or
- they, and/or their partner now meet or no longer meet the work, training, study test, or
- their FTB child or regular care child, for which they claim CCB:
- becomes a school child,
- enters or leaves child care, or
Effect on rate of CCB by fee reduction of not supplying some types of information
The following table shows the effect on an individual's rate of CCB by fee reduction if they do not supply some types of information.
|If an individual does not provide information on their…||Then they receive CCB…|
|or their partner's, income or TFN details,||at the zero rate, (however they may still be eligible for the CCR).|
|or their partner's, exception to the 24 hour limit,||for 24 hours.|
|or their partner's, exception to the 50 hour limit,||for 50 hours.|
|or their partner's, continued entitlement to more than 50 hours,||for 50 hours.|
|child's school status,||at the school child rate.|
Policy reference: FA Guide 4.1.1 TFN Requirements