220.127.116.11 Suitable Activity - Work for the Dole - CDP
WFD activities under CDP can be established by providers or under host arrangements within the region. Host organisations can be not-for-profit organisations, businesses, social enterprises, entities related to the provider, or Commonwealth, state, territory or local government agencies.
Under CDP, WFD activities:
- are 25 hours per week (or up to a job seeker's assessed capacity), 5 days per week, all year round,
- are based on a job seeker's needs,
- can provide a combination of work like experiences and vocational/non-vocational training linked to a job,
- can be individual or group based,
- can be delivered by the CDP provider or through the provider arranging a host organisation (hosted placement).
Act reference: SSAct section 28 Approved programs of work for income support payment
To be required to do WFD under the CDP, job seekers must:
- be 18 to 49 years of age,
- receive the full rate of income support,
- not be exempt from mutual obligation requirements, and
- not have an illness, injury or disability that would be aggravated by the work conditions.
CDP job seekers who do not meet these eligibility requirements, for example, those who are under 18 or over 49 can volunteer to participate in WFD.
Participating in WFD while undertaking paid work
In CDP, if a job seeker obtains paid work for more than one fortnight and, as a result, receives a part rate of income support payment, they will not be required to undertake WFD until they go back on to full rate. They can still volunteer to participate in WFD.