For the purposes of the National Redress Scheme, a person is only able to access redress under the Scheme if they are entitled to receive it. A person is entitled to redress under the Scheme if they meet all of the following requirements as prescribed under section 12 of the NRSAct:
- The person must make an application for the Scheme, satisfying the requirements prescribed under section 19 of the NRSAct.
- The Operator must determine that there is a reasonable likelihood that the person applying is eligible for redress, as prescribed under section 13 of the NRSAct.
- The Operator approves the application, as prescribed by section 29 of the NRSAct.
- The Operator makes an offer of redress to the person as prescribed by section 39 of the NRSAct.
- The person accepts the offer as prescribed by section 42 of the NRSAct.