1.1.S.30 Security notice
A person is not entitled to redress under the Scheme if they are the subject of a security notice.
Security notices are issued by the Home Affairs Minister and may be provided to the Minister responsible for the Scheme. The Minister must provide a copy of a security notice to the Operator and the Secretary of the Human Services Department. Any revocation of a security notice provided to the Minister must also be shared accordingly.
Security notices are subject to the following conditions:
- They take effect on the date they are provided to the Minister.
- The Home Affairs Minister must review the notice and consider whether it should be revoked at least 12 months after it is first issued, and 12 months after the most recent review.
- They are not legislative instruments.
A person applying for redress who is subject to a security notice will have the following restrictions placed on them:
- Any application for redress will not be accepted by the Scheme.
- The person will not be entitled to redress under the Scheme (meaning that offers of redress may be revoked by the Operator).
Act reference: NRSAct Part 3-2 Division 3 Security notices