6.1.4 Requirements for Acceptance Notice by Employer of Employer Determination for PLP
An acceptance notice of an employer determination must contain:
- a declaration to the effect that the employer accepts their obligation to pay instalments to the person,
- bank account information for the employer which will identify an account held and maintained by the employer with a financial institution into which PPL funding amounts (1.1.P.180) can be paid by Centrelink, including:
- the bank account number,
- the Bank State Branch (BSB) number of the account,
- the name in which the account is held,
- the name of the financial institution, and
- the relevant pay cycle information for the person, including:
- the person's usual pay period,
- if a payability determination has been made, the first day of the person's pay period that overlaps with the start of their PPL period,
- if a payability determination has not been made, the first day of the person's pay period that overlaps with the person's expected PPL period start date, and
- the pay day and the payroll cut-off day for the person's usual pay period.
Exception: An employer is not required to include the employer's bank account information if the employer has made an election to provide PLP that applies to the person and the acceptance notice contains a declaration to the effect that the bank account information already provided by the employer in the context of the election is correct for the person.
Act reference: PPLAct section 104 Requirements for an acceptance notice