1.1.A.200 Approved care organisation (ACO)
An ACO is a charitable, religious or other organisation that:
- coordinates or provides residential care services to young people in Australia, and
- has been approved as an ACO by a delegate.
- Agencies which:
- assist homeless youth
- care for intellectually or physically handicapped children, or
- accommodate young refugees in order to help them adjust to Australian society.
- Adoption and foster care agencies which arrange pre-adoptive foster care.
- Public hospitals providing long term or permanent care for intellectually, emotionally or physically disabled young people.