1.1.C.361 CP (child)
CP (child) refers to CP paid to a person qualified for CP for care provided to:
- a child with severe disability (1.1.S.133) or severe medical condition (1.1.S.130), OR
- 2 or more children each with disability or medical condition (combined care) (1.1.C.195), OR
- one or more children each with disability or medical condition and a lower ADAT score adult (multiple care) (1.1.M.155), OR
- a child aged under 16 who has a terminal condition (1.1.T.86), OR
- children with severe disability, severe medical condition, disability or medical condition on an exchanged basis (1.1.E.162), OR
- a child or children with severe disability, severe medical condition, disability or medical condition on a short-term (1.1.S.172) or episodic (1.1.E.132) basis, OR
- a profoundly disabled child (1.1.C.146), OR
- 2 or more disabled children (1.1.T.190) who need a level of care equivalent to the level of care required by a profoundly disabled child.
Note: For the purposes of CP a child is a person aged under 16 years.
Exceptions: From 1 July 2009:
- A carer in receipt of CP (child) can remain qualified for CP for up to 3 months after the child turns 16 years of age, or until the child is assessed, rated and given a score under the ADAT.
- A carer who qualifies for CP (child) for a care receiver who has a terminal condition may continue to qualify under CP (child) provisions until the care receiver reaches 18 years of age.
- A carer who qualifies for short term (1.1.S.172) or episodic (1.1.E.132) CP (child) remains qualified until the end of the period determined by the delegate.
Act reference: SSAct Schedule 1A clause 141 Saving-profoundly disabled child and disabled child, section 197B Qualification-child with a severe disability or severe medical condition, section 197C Qualification-2 or more children each with a disability or medical condition, section 197D Qualification-disabled adult and one or more children each with a disability or medical condition, section 197E Qualification-child who has a terminal condition, section 197F Qualification-exchanged care of children, section 197G Qualification-short term or episodic care of children, section 197H Qualification-extension of short term or episodic care, section 197K Remaining qualified for up to 3 months after child turns 16, section 198AA Qualification for carer payment-hospitalisation
Policy reference: SS Guide 126.96.36.199 Carer payment (CP) - description, 188.8.131.52 Qualification for CP, 184.108.40.206 Qualification for CP (child) - Transition (Turning 16 Years of Age) from CP (child) to CP (adult), 220.127.116.11 Qualification for CP (child) - Extension to Short Term or Episodic Care