1.1.E.164 Exclusion period
This definition applies to all terms.
An exclusion period may be:
- a waiting period, including a NARWP (1.1.N.70)
- a non-payment period, including a compliance penalty period (220.127.116.11)
- a compensation preclusion period
- a period during which a person is in gaol
- if the payment is YA (other) or JSP, a period during which the payment is not payable because the person fails to attend an interview or enter into a Job Plan
- if the payment is a schooling requirement payment, a period during which the payment is suspended for non-compliance with an enrolment notice, attendance notice or compliance notice.
Act reference: SS(Admin)Act Schedule 2 clause 5 Effect of exclusion period
Policy reference: SS Guide 1.1.N.70 Newly arrived resident's waiting period (NARWP), 1.1.W.10 Waiting period, 18.104.22.168 Unemployment non-payment periods, 1.1.C.260 Compensation preclusion period (PBS), 22.214.171.124 Suspension of Income Support Payment under SEAM, 3.11.12 Initial connection to employment services (RapidConnect)