1.1.I.195 Intermittent work
Examples of intermittent work include:
- relief work (such as relief teaching, locum)
- contract work (such as computer contract work, contract work on building sites, contract teachers, health worker, contract work in the arts and entertainment, any work where a contract is involved including sub-contracts), and
- consultant work (such as work done in the information technology industry).
Exceptions: Intermittent work cannot be considered as seasonal work for the purposes of SWPP where:
- the duration of the work is 12 months or more
- the worker receives leave entitlements, OR
- the person was not able to anticipate a period when the work would not be available.