1.1.J.20 Job capacity assessor
Job capacity assessors are medical, health and allied health professionals who are employed by DHS, including:
- accredited exercise physiologists,
- registered physiotherapists,
- registered nurses,
- registered occupational therapists,
- registered psychologists,
- rehabilitation counsellors,
- social workers,
- speech pathologists.
Job capacity assessors:
- are registered or eligible for full registration with their relevant professional body and have mandatory accreditation or competency-based standards, allowing them to practice without any supervisory requirements, and
- meet all relevant state or territory registration requirements.
In states or territories where a registering body does not operate, job capacity assessors hold qualifications that would make them eligible for registration in another state or territory.
A job capacity assessor's qualifications generally align with the Impairment Table/s relevant to an individual's primary medical condition. In situations where they do not align, a secondary contributing assessor holding a professional qualification that aligns with the relevant Impairment Table/s reviews the medical evidence and assessment recommendations.
Policy reference: SS Guide 3.6.2 Assessment for DSP