1.1.S.210 Social security payment
This definition applies to all payments.
Social security payment means:
- a social security pension, or
- a social security benefit, or
- an allowance under the SSAct, or
- a pension, benefit or allowance under the Social Security Act 1947, or
- any other kind of payment under SSAct Chapter 2 (see explanation).
Explanation: Any other kind of payment under SSAct Chapter 2 includes:
- pension bonus including a top up under section 93K or section 93L, or
- pension bonus bereavement payment, or
- double orphan pension, or
- crisis payment, or
- special employment advance, or
- education entry payment.
Act reference: SSAct section 23(1)-'social security pension', section 23(1)-'social security benefit', section 93K Top up of pension bonus for increased rate of age pension, section 93L Top up of pension bonus in specified circumstances