1.1.S.258 Special widow
Note: This reference is for archival and historical purposes only. SSAct section 1214 was repealed by the Social Security Legislation Amendment (Parenting & Other Measures) Act 1997, No.197 and is no longer in operation.
This definition applied to all payments.
Until December 1997, a special widow was defined in section 1214(6) as a woman:
- who is getting PPS because of the death of a man
- who was legally married to the man immediately before he died
- who was an Australian resident at the time the man died
- whose husband was also an Australian resident when he died, and
- who together with her late husband, were both members of the same couple (1.1.M.120) when he died.
Act reference: SSAct section 7(2) An Australian resident is …