1.1.S.350 Statement reporter
This definition applies to all payments.
A statement reporter is a recipient who is required to give a statement about a specified matter that might affect the social security pension or benefit they are receiving. All recipients who have income from employment, or whose partner have income from employment (where relevant), are required to be statement reporters, with the exception of the cohorts below (refer Note below). The statement is due on a specified date, usually the last day of the recipient's entitlement period.
For activity tested recipients the statement is in the form of a continuation form. For non-activity tested recipients the statement can be made using any one of a variety of reporting channels, including telephone, Services Australia website, fax, post, or in person at a Services Australia office. A recipient can be requested, via a Recipient Statement Notice, to give a separate statement for each of several specified periods.
Note: The requirement for all recipients who are receiving income from employment to be statement reporters excludes the following cohorts:
- pensioners covered by section 1073B of the Social Services and Other Legislation Amendment (Simplifying Income Reporting and Other Measures) Act 2020 - Attribution of employment income paid monthly (4.3.3.08)
- recipients working for an Australian Disability Enterprise (ADE)
- recipients residing overseas
- recipients who commence full time employment and are depleting their Working Credit balance
- recipients of the PLS who have a nil rate pension payment.
These excluded cohorts, with the exception of recipients of the PLS who have a nil rate pension, would be subject to an income review at least every 12 months to ensure the amount coded on their record is correct.
Late reporting for statement reporters
If a recipient does not give their statement within 14 days of the due date their payment will be cancelled. If special circumstances exist for the late reporting the recipient's payment may be restored (for further information see Notification & recipient obligations topic for the recipient's payment type).