188.8.131.52 Austudy Payment (Austudy) - Description
Objective of Austudy
Austudy aims to provide income support for mature students and Australian Apprentices aged 25 years and older, who do not have adequate levels of income.
Income support for younger full-time students is available under YA.
Austudy recipients may also qualify for the following assistance if they meet the relevant qualification criteria:
- remote area allowance (184.108.40.206),
- student start-up loan (220.127.116.11),
- pharmaceutical allowance (18.104.22.168),
- crisis payment (22.214.171.124),
- fares allowance (126.96.36.199),
- low income HCC (188.8.131.52),
- rent assistance (184.108.40.206),
- pension supplement if over age pension age (220.127.116.11), and
- energy supplement (18.104.22.168).
Bereavement payment provisions
The surviving member of a couple may be eligible for bereavement payments in certain circumstances following the death of a partner.
How Austudy is paid
Austudy is generally paid fortnightly.
Austudy was introduced on 1 July 1998. It is available to eligible students aged 25 or over.