10.10.3.20 Benefits Payable under the Agreement with Portugal
Article 2 - Legislative Scope - lists the Australian and Portuguese benefits covered by the agreement.
The Australian benefits covered are:
- age pension,
- DSP for the severely disabled,
- WP (no new grants since March 1995),
- CP (to people residing in Portugal who are caring for a partner in receipt of Age or DSP),
- pensions payable to widows (PPS),
- bereavement allowance,
- additional child amounts, and
- double orphan pension.
The Portuguese benefits covered under the general schemes are:
- Portuguese old age pension,
- Portuguese invalidity pension,
- Portuguese survivor's pension and Portuguese death grant,
- Portuguese sickness and maternity benefits,
- Portuguese unemployment benefits,
- Portuguese funeral grant,
- supplement for care, and
- Portuguese family allowance for children and young people of pensioners.
The agreement also covers Portuguese benefits:
- paid under legislation relating to work injuries and occupational diseases, and
- covered under the non-contributory scheme.
In addition to the above benefits, a spouse supplement may be paid to an age or invalid pensioner in respect of a dependent spouse.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 9 Portugal