10.12.3.20 Benefits payable under the Agreement with Cyprus
Article 2 of the Agreement with Cyprus lists the Australian and Cypriot benefits covered by the Agreement.
Australian benefits covered
The Australian benefits covered are:
- age pension
- disability support pension for the severely disabled
- pensions payable to widows (PPS), and
- carer payment (for the partner of a recipient of DSP for the severely disabled or Age where they are legally married).
Note: Although listed as Australian benefits covered in Article 2 of the Agreement, from 20 March 2020, WP, WidB and BVA ceased. Recipients of these payments were transferred to another payment, such as Age, where eligible.
Cypriot benefits covered
The Cypriot benefits covered are:
- Cypriot age pension
- Cypriot invalidity and work related disablement pensions
- Cypriot widow's pension
- Cypriot orphan's benefit, and
- Cypriot funeral grant.
Note: Benefit, for Cyprus, means a pension, benefit or allowance payable under Cypriot legislation as specified in Article 2 of the Agreement. More information on contributory benefits under Cypriot law is available from the Department of Social Insurance Services of the Ministry of Labor, Welfare, and Social Insurance.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 11 Cyprus