10.16.1.20 General Principles of the Agreement with Chile
The Agreement with Chile is a shared responsibility agreement that helps people to qualify for benefits they might not otherwise get and conforms to the principles of Australia's shared responsibility agreements by:
- allowing people to lodge claims for benefits in Australia and Chile,
- allowing people to totalise to meet minimum residence qualifications for Australia and to meet minimum insurance requirements for Chile,
- allowing Agreement benefits to be paid in Australia and Chile,
- prescribing the calculation of Australian benefits inside and outside Australia, and
- arranging administrative co-operation between Australia and Chile.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 15 Chile