10.18.1.20 General Principles - Agreement with Slovenia
The Agreement with Slovenia is a shared responsibility Agreement that helps people to qualify for benefits they might not otherwise get and conforms to the principles of Australia's shared responsibility agreements by:
- allowing people to lodge claims for benefits in Australia and Slovenia,
- allowing people to totalise to meet minimum residence qualifications for Australian benefits and minimum Slovenian periods of insurance for Slovenian benefits,
- allowing Agreement benefits to be paid in Australia and Slovenia,
- prescribing the calculation of Australian benefits inside and outside Australia,
- arranging administrative co-operation between Australia and Slovenia.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 17 Slovenia