10.26.1.20 General Principles of the Agreement with Poland
The Agreement with Poland is a shared responsibility agreement that helps people to qualify for benefits that they might not otherwise get, and conforms to Australia's shared responsibility agreements by:
- allowing people to lodge claims for benefits in Australia and Poland,
- allowing people to totalise to meet minimum residence qualifications for Australian benefits and to meet minimum periods of insurance requirements for Polish benefits,
- overcoming residence restrictions and allowing Agreement benefits to be paid in Australia and Poland,
- prescribing the calculation of Australian benefits inside and outside Australia, and
- arranging administrative cooperation between Australia and Poland.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 25 Republic of Poland