Who Can Lodge Claims under the Agreement with Poland

Who can claim

The Agreement with Poland does not allow for third country lodgement. This means only residents of Australia or Poland who are in Australia or Poland can lodge claims for Australian benefits under the Agreement. There is no cooperation in the lodgement of third country claims in the Agreement therefore claims for Australian pension, under another social security agreement, cannot be lodged in Poland.

Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 25 Republic of Poland

Last reviewed: 4 January 2016