10.27.1.20 General principles of the Agreement with the Republic of North Macedonia
The Agreement with the Republic of North Macedonia is a shared responsibility agreement that helps people to qualify for benefits that they might not otherwise get, and conforms with Australia's shared responsibility agreements by:
- allowing people to lodge claims for benefits in Australia and the Republic of North Macedonia
- allowing people to totalise to meet minimum residence qualifications for Australian benefits and to meet minimum insurance requirements for Macedonian benefits
- allowing Agreement benefits to be paid in either country
- prescribing the payment of Australian benefits inside and outside Australia, and
- enabling administrative cooperation between Australia and the Republic of North Macedonia.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 26 Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia