10.29.1.20 General Principles of the Agreement with the Slovak Republic
The Agreement with the Slovak Republic is a shared responsibility agreement that helps people to qualify for benefits they might not otherwise get, and conforms with Australia's shared responsibility agreements by:
- allowing people to lodge claims for benefits in Australia and the Slovak Republic,
- allowing people to totalise to meet minimum residence qualifications for Australian benefits and to meet minimum creditable period requirements for Slovak benefits,
- allowing Agreement benefits to be paid in either country,
- prescribing the payment of Australian benefits inside and outside Australia, and
- enabling administrative cooperation between Australia and the Slovak Republic.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 28 Slovak Republic