Who Can Lodge Claims under the Agreement with Hungary

Who can claim

Only residents of Australia or Hungary who are in Australia or Hungary can lodge claims for Australian benefits under the Agreement. The Agreement with Hungary does not allow for third country lodgement. To lodge a valid claim the person must have been an Australian resident at some time.

Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 29 Republic of Hungary

Policy reference: SS Guide 10.1.4 Claiming Payments Using an Agreement

Last reviewed: 9 November 2015