People who Travel to a Third Country - Agreement with Hungary

Third country portability

The Agreement provides for payment of age pension to people who are residents of Australia or Hungary. This means Agreement pensioners can continue to be paid for a temporary absence to a third country. Agreement pensioners who leave Australia or Hungary to live in a third country (and are no longer considered a resident of Australia or Hungary) will cease to qualify under the Agreement.

Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 29 Republic of Hungary

Last reviewed: 15 August 2016