Who Can Lodge Claims under the Agreement with Latvia

Who can claim

Only residents of Australia or Latvia who are in Australia or Latvia can lodge claims for Australian benefits under the Agreement. The Agreement with Latvia does not allow for third country lodgement. To lodge a valid claim the person must have been an Australian resident at some time.

Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 30 Republic of Latvia

Policy reference: SS Guide 10.1.4 Claiming Payments Using an Agreement

Last reviewed: 20 September 2017