Who Can Lodge Claims under the Agreement with India

Who can claim

Only residents of Australia or India who are in Australia or India can lodge claims for Australian benefits under the Agreement. The Agreement with India does not allow for third country lodgement. To lodge a valid claim the person must have been an Australian resident and have a minimum of 12 months Australian working life residence and accrued after 16 November 1995.

Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 31 Republic of India

Policy reference: SS Guide 10.1.4 Claiming Payments Using an Agreement

Last reviewed: 4 January 2016