10.4.3.20 Benefits Payable under the Agreement with Italy
Article 2 of the agreement lists the Australian and Italian benefits covered by the agreement.
The Australian benefits covered are:
- age pension,
- disability support pension for the severely disabled,
- carer payment (for partners of people who are in receipt of Australian Age or DSP for the severely disabled),
- pensions payable to widows (PPS),
- bereavement allowance,
- wife pension,
- supplements for children (additional child amount), and
- double orphan pension.
The Italian benefits covered are:
- Italian age pension,
- Italian seniority pension,
- Italian anticipated pension,
- Italian invalidity allowance,
- Italian privileged invalidity allowance,
- Italian inability pension,
- Italian privileged inability pension,
- Italian invalidity attendance allowance,
- Italian survivor's pension,
- Italian family benefits for dependants of pensioners, and
- Italian unemployment allowance.
Spouse related Australian benefits
When someone is qualified for an Australian Age or DSP under the agreement, and their partner is qualified for WP or CP, article 6 of the agreement deems those latter pensions to be agreement pensions. This means that the rate of and portability of those pensions is controlled by the agreement.
Note: There have been no new grants of WP since July 1995.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 2 Italy