10.4.3.20 Benefits payable under the Agreement with Italy
Article 2 of the Agreement with Italy lists the Australian and Italian benefits covered by the Agreement.
Australian benefits covered
The Australian benefits covered are:
- age pension
- DSP for the severely disabled
- CP (for partners of people who are in receipt of Australian Age or DSP)
- PPS (for de jure widows)
- additional child amounts, and
- double orphan pension.
Note: Although listed as Australian benefits covered in Article 2 of the Agreement, from 20 March 2020, WP, WidB and BVA ceased. Recipients of these payments were transferred to another payment, such as Age, where eligible.
Note: When someone is qualified for Age or DSP under the Italian Agreement, and their partner is qualified for CP, Article 6 of the Agreement deems those latter pensions to be agreement pensions. This means that the rate of and portability of those pensions is controlled by the Agreement.
Italian benefits covered
The Italian benefits covered are:
- Italian age pension
- Italian seniority pension
- Italian anticipated pension
- Italian invalidity allowance
- Italian privileged invalidity allowance
- Italian inability pension
- Italian privileged inability pension
- Italian invalidity attendance allowance
- Italian survivor's pension
- Italian family benefits for dependants of pensioners, and
- Italian unemployment allowance.
Note: Benefit, for Italy, means a pension, benefit or allowance payable under Italian legislation as specified in Article 2 of the Agreement. More information on benefits under Italian Law is available from the Italian National Social Security Institute.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 2 Italy