10.6.3.20 Benefits payable under the Agreement with Spain
Article 2 of the Agreement with Spain lists the Australian and Spanish benefits covered by the Agreement.
Australian benefits covered
The Australian benefits covered are:
- age pension
- disability support pension for the severely disabled
- carer payment (to people residing in Spain who are caring for a partner in receipt of Age or DSP)
- pensions payable to widowed persons (parenting payment (single))
- double orphan pension, and
- additional child amounts.
Note: Although listed as Australian benefits covered in Article 2 of the Agreement, from 20 March 2020, WP, WidB and BVA ceased. Recipients of these payments were transferred to another payment, such as Age, where eligible.
Spanish benefits covered
The Spanish benefits covered are for:
- cash benefits for temporary incapacity for work in cases of ordinary illness or non-work related accidents
- cash benefits for maternity and risk during pregnancy
- benefits for permanent incapacity for ordinary illness and non-work related accident, retirement, death and survivorship
- family benefits for a dependent child
- unemployment benefits, and
- work accidents and occupational diseases.
Note: Benefit, for Spain, means a pension, benefit or allowance payable under Spanish legislation as specified in Article 2 of the Agreement. More information on the Spanish benefits payable is available from the Spanish Ministry of Employment and Social Affairs.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 5 Spain