10.6.3.20 Benefits Payable under the Agreement with Spain
Article 2 - Legislative Scope - lists the Australia and Spanish benefits covered by the agreement.
Australian benefits covered
The Australian benefits covered are:
- age pension,
- disability support pension for the severely disabled,
- wife pension (no new grants since March 1995),
- carer payment (to people residing in Spain who are caring for a partner in receipt of Age or DSP),
- pensions payable to widowed persons (parenting payment (single) and BVA),
- double orphan pension, and
- additional child amounts.
Spanish benefits covered
The Spanish benefits covered are for:
- cash benefits for temporary incapacity for work in cases of ordinary illness or non-work related accidents,
- cash benefits for maternity and risk during pregnancy,
- benefits for permanent incapacity for ordinary illness and non-work related accident, retirement, death and survivorship,
- family benefits for a dependent child,
- unemployment benefits, and
- work accidents and occupational diseases.
More information on the Spanish benefits payable under the agreement is available in 10.6.100.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 5 Spain