10.8.3.20 Benefits payable under the Agreement with the Netherlands
Article 2 of the Agreement with the Netherlands lists the Australian and Dutch benefits covered by the Agreement.
The Australian benefits covered are:
- age pension
- DSP, for the severely disabled.
Although not listed as Australian benefits covered in Article 2, subparagraph 1a of the Agreement, the following benefits are covered:
- PPS (payable only to a legally (de jure) widowed person) Article 2 paragraphs 3 and 4, for the purposes of Article 5 (portability of Australian benefits outside Australia) and Article 15 paragraphs 1 and 2 (calculation of Australian benefits outside Australia), and
- DOP, Article 2 paragraph 3, for the purposes of Article 5 (portability of Australian benefits outside Australia).
The Netherlands' benefits payable are:
- General Old-age Pension - AOW
- General Old-age Pension Spouse Supplement - AOW toeslag
- Self-employed person's disablement benefits - WAZ
- Disablement benefits for employees - WAO
- General surviving relatives benefits - ANW
- General child's benefits - AKW, and
- Sickness benefits - ZW.
For the application of Provisions on Coverage (avoidance of double coverage) only:
- Unemployment benefits - WW.
Note: Benefit, for the Netherlands, means a pension, benefit or allowance payable under the Netherlands' Social Welfare Acts as specified in Article 2 of the Agreement. More information on benefits under the Law of the Netherlands is available from the Social Insurance Bank and the Institute for Employee Benefits.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 7 The Netherlands