10.9.3.20 Benefits Payable under the Agreement with Ireland
Article 2 of the Agreement with Ireland lists the Australian and Irish benefits covered by the Agreement.
Australian benefits covered
The Australian benefits covered are:
- age pension,
- Australian disability support pension for the severely disabled,
- pensions payable to widowed persons (PPS and BVA), and
- Australian wife pension (no new grants since March 1995).
Irish benefits covered
The Irish benefits covered are:
- Irish retirement pension,
- Irish old age (contributory) pension,
- Irish invalidity pension,
- Irish widow's and widower's (contributory) pension,
- Irish orphan's (contributory) allowance,
- Irish bereavement grant, and
- liability for the payment of employment and self-employment contributions.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 8 Ireland