10.9.3.20 Benefits payable under the Agreement with Ireland
Article 2 of the Agreement with Ireland lists the Australian and Irish benefits covered by the Agreement.
Australian benefits covered
The Australian benefits covered are:
- age pension
- disability support pension for the severely disabled, and
- pensions payable to widowed persons (PPS).
Note: Although listed as Australian benefits covered in Article 2 of the Agreement, from 20 March 2020, WP, WidB and BVA ceased. Recipients of these payments were transferred to another payment, such as Age, where eligible.
Irish benefits covered
The Irish benefits covered are:
- Irish retirement pension
- Irish old age (contributory) pension
- Irish invalidity pension
- Irish widow's and widower's (contributory) pension
- Irish orphan's (contributory) allowance
- Irish bereavement grant, and
- liability for the payment of employment and self-employment contributions.
Note: Benefit, for Ireland, means a pension, benefit or allowance payable under Irish Social Welfare Acts as specified in Article 2 of the Agreement. More information on benefits under Irish Law is available from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection website.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 8 Ireland