11.3.2 Eligibility for income management under the Child Protection Measure
A person is subject to the Child Protection Measure under SS(Admin)Act section 123UC if, at a point in time:
- the person or their partner is an eligible recipient of a trigger payment (220.127.116.11), and
- the person does not have an excluded payment nominee, and
- the person is not subject to income management under SS(Admin)Act section 123UF (under the Cape York Measure), and
- a written notice requiring that the person be subject to income management, under SS(Admin)Act section 123UC has been given to the delegate by a child protection worker of a declared child protection state or territory (and has not been withdrawn or revoked), and
- the state or territory is a declared child protection state or territory.
A person will also be subject to income management under the Child Protection Measure if they have a payment nominee who is subject to the Child Protection Measure, and the person is not subject to an income management measure in their own right. The principal does not have to meet any of the eligibility criteria to be income managed under this measure other than to have a current payment nominee who is being income managed under the Child Protection Measure. If the person was on VIM prior to their nominee being placed on the Child Protection Measure, the person can remain on VIM.
Act reference: SS(Admin)Act section 123UC Persons subject to the income management regime-child protection, section 123TC-'excluded Part 3B payment nominee', section 123UF Persons subject to the income management regime-Queensland Commission, section 123TC-'declared child protection State or Territory'