22.214.171.124 Reasons for exit from the Child Protection Measure
Reasons for exit
There are 6 main circumstances in which a person may cease to be subject to income management under the Child Protection Measure. These may occur when:
- the period of income management specified in the original notice ends
- the relevant child protection worker revokes the notice to apply income management
- the person's category H (126.96.36.199) welfare payment (and/or partner's payment, if applicable) has been cancelled
- the person becomes subject to the Cape York Welfare Reform Measure
- an excluded payment nominee is appointed in relation to the person, or the person's existing payment nominee becomes an excluded payment nominee, or
- the person has died.
- Note: Any income management balance remaining would be paid to the person's estate as a lump sum, regardless of the amount remaining (188.8.131.52).
Act reference: SS(Admin)Act section 123TC-'category H welfare payment', section 123TC-'excluded Part 3B payment nominee'