184.108.40.206 Who is income managed under the Disengaged Youth measure
A person is subject to income management under the Disengaged Youth measure if:
- at the test time, the person is an eligible recipient of a category E welfare payment (220.127.116.11) for at least 13 weeks during the 26 week period ending immediately before the test time
- the person is at least 15 and below 25 years old
- the person's usual place of residence is within a declared income management area
- the person is not an exempt welfare payment recipient
- if the person has a payment nominee, the nominee is not an excluded payment nominee
- the person is not subject to income management under the Cape York, Child Protection, School Enrolment, School Attendance, or VWPR measures.
A person will also be subject to income management under the Disengaged Youth measure if they have a payment nominee who is subject to the Disengaged Youth measure and the person is not subject to an income management measure in their own right. The principal does not have to meet any of the eligibility criteria to be income managed under this measure other than to have a current payment nominee who is being income managed under the Disengaged Youth measure. If the person was on VIM prior to their nominee being placed on the Disengaged Youth measure, this person can remain on VIM.
Note: The Disengaged Youth and Long-term Welfare Payment Recipients measures are mutually exclusive due to the different age requirements. For further information see 18.104.22.168.