22.214.171.124 Reasons for exit from the Disengaged Youth measure
Reasons for exit
There are 6 main circumstances in which a person may cease to be subject to income management under the Disengaged Youth measure. These may occur when:
- the delegate grants an exemption to the person
- the person's category E welfare payment has been cancelled
- the person becomes subject to the Cape York, Child Protection, School Enrolment, School Attendance, or VWPR measures
- an excluded payment nominee is appointed in relation to the person, or the person's existing payment nominee becomes an excluded payment nominee
- the person's usual place of residence is no longer in a declared income management area and 13 weeks has passed since they left the declared income management area, or
- the person has died.
- Note: Any income management balance remaining would be paid to the person's estate as a lump sum, regardless of the amount remaining.
Note: When a person moves immediately from the Disengaged Youth measure to the Long-term Welfare Payment Recipients measure, they are not considered to have exited income management.
Act reference: SS(Admin)Act section 123TC-'category E welfare payment', section 123TC-'excluded Part 3B payment nominee'