22.214.171.124 Who is income managed under the Long-term Welfare Payment Recipients measure
A person is subject to income management under the Long-term Welfare Payment Recipients measure if:
- at the test time, the person is an eligible recipient of a category E welfare payment (126.96.36.199) for at least 52 weeks during the 104 week period ending immediately before the test time
- the person is at least 25 years old but below pension age
- the person's usual place of residence is within a declared income management area
- the person is not an exempt welfare payment recipient
- if the person has a payment nominee, the nominee is not an excluded payment nominee
- the person is not subject to income management under the Cape York, Child Protection, School Enrolment, School Attendance, or VWPR measures.
A person will also be subject to income management under the Long-term Welfare Payment Recipients measure if they have a payment nominee (8.5.1) who is subject to the Long-term Welfare Payment Recipients measure, and the person is not subject to an income management measure in their own right. The principal does not have to meet any of the eligibility criteria to be income managed under this measure other than to have a current payment nominee who is being income managed under the Long-term Welfare Payment Recipient measure. If the person was on VIM prior to their nominee being placed on the Long-term Welfare Payment Recipient measure, then this person can continue to remain on VIM.