18.104.22.168 Review of decision that a person is unable to enter into a VIM agreement
Review of decision that a person is unable to enter into a VIM agreement
A person may request a review of the decision to not enter into an agreement with the person under SS(Admin)Act section 123UM.
Under section 123UM, the following could be reviewed:
- whether the person is an eligible recipient of a category H welfare payment
- if the person has a payment nominee, whether that nominee is an excluded Part 3B payment nominee
- whether the person's usual place of residence is within a declared VIM area
- whether the person is subject to any of the compulsory income management measures
- whether it is feasible to deliver income management services to the person in accordance with SS(Admin)Act Part 3B Division 6
- if the person is a payment nominee for another person, whether the other person has given their consent, or has withdrawn their consent, to the agreement.
Act reference: SS(Admin)Act section 123UM Voluntary income management agreement, Part 3B Division 6 Debits from income management accounts