Concession Card Requirement (EMEP)


To be eligible for the EMEP the person with medical needs or their carer must hold, or be listed on, one of the following Commonwealth Government concession cards issued by Centrelink or DVA:

  • pensioner concession card, OR
  • health care card, OR
  • Commonwealth seniors health card, OR
  • DVA gold or white card.

Where a carer is the claimant and does not hold a concession card, he or she may still be eligible for an EMEP where the care recipient holds, or is listed on, a concession card.

Act reference: SSAct section 917B(1)(a)(ii) Qualification for the essential medical equipment payment, section 917D The concession card requirement

Last reviewed: 1 July 2015