184.108.40.206 Supplementary Benefits & Employment Assistance for PA Recipients
Other departmental benefits
PA recipients MAY also qualify for the following benefits, if they meet the relevant qualification criteria:
- rent assistance (220.127.116.11),
- pharmaceutical allowance (18.104.22.168),
- telephone allowance (22.214.171.124),
- utilities allowance (126.96.36.199),
- crisis payment (188.8.131.52),
- clean energy advance (184.108.40.206),
- energy supplement (220.127.116.11),
- remote area allowance (18.104.22.168),
- bereavement payments (22.214.171.124),
- health care card (126.96.36.199),
- PCC in restricted circumstances (i.e. where a PA recipient who is 60 years of age or more and has been receiving income support for the preceding 9 months) (188.8.131.52),
- pension supplement if over age pension age (184.108.40.206),
- education entry payments (220.127.116.11), and
- language, literacy and numeracy training and supplement (18.104.22.168).
Act reference: SSAct section 1061ZK Qualification: general rules (HCC), section 1061ZA General qualification rules (PCC)
Policy reference: SS Guide 3.8.1 RA - Qualification & Payability, 3.8.2 PhA - Qualification & Payability, 3.8.6 EdEP - Qualification & Payability, 3.8.7 TAL - Qualification & Payability, 3.8.8 RAA - Qualification & Payability, 3.9.1 HCC - Qualification Provisions, 3.9.2 PCC - Qualification Provisions, 3.7.4 CrP - qualification & payability, 3.1.5 Bereavement Payment Provisions, 3.12.1 Pension Supplement - Qualification & Payability, 3.15.1 CEA - Qualification & Payability, 3.15.2 ES - Qualification & Payability
PA recipients are eligible for employment assistance through jobactive or CDP, which will not affect their qualification for PA or make any difference to their obligations.
Explanation: This means they do not have to look for work although they may choose to do so on a voluntary basis.
PA recipients may receive the following incentives to take up a job:
- access to working credits,
- payment of certain supplementary benefits during the employment income nil rate period,
- continued use of their HCC or PCC for a certain period, and
- able to have their payment resumed during the employment income nil rate period if they report a fall in income sufficient for PA to be payable again.
Act reference: SSAct section 23(4A) Despite subsection (4)…, section 23(4AA) For the purposes of subsection (4A)…, section 1061ZMA Further extended qualification rule: loss of payment because of employment income (HCC), section 1061ZEA Further extended qualification rule: loss of payment because of employment income (PCC)