18.104.22.168 Supplementary benefits & employment assistance for WP recipients
Note: WP ceased on 20 March 2020. The following information is for historical purposes only.
Other Departmental benefits
WP recipients MAY also qualify for the following benefits, if they meet the relevant qualification criteria:
- rent assistance
- pension supplement
- crisis payment
- education entry payment
- CDEP participant supplement (CPS)
- pensioner concession card
- clean energy advance
- clean energy supplement
- PES (if the partner is in receipt of DSP), and
- bereavement assistance.
Policy reference: SS Guide 3.8.1 RA - qualification & payability, 3.12.1 Pension supplement - qualification & payability, 3.8.3 PES - Qualification & Payability, 3.8.8 RAA - Qualification & Payability, 3.9.2 PCC - Qualification Provisions, 3.7.4 CrP - qualification & payability, 3.8.6 EdEP - Qualification & Payability, 3.1.5 Bereavement payment provisions, 3.15.1 CEA - Qualification & Payability, 3.15.2 ES - Qualification & Payability
WP recipients of workforce age may receive the following incentives to take up a job:
- access to working credits
- payment of certain supplementary benefits during the employment income nil rate period
- continued use of their PCC for a certain period, and
- able to have their payment resumed during the employment income nil rate period if they report a fall in income sufficient for WP to be payable again.
Act reference: SSAct pre-20 March 2020 section 23(4A) Despite subsection (4) …, section 23(4AA) For the purposes of subsection (4A) …, section 1061ZEA Further extended qualification rule: loss of payment because of employment income (PCC), section 1061ZE Extended qualification rule: former recipient of WP (PCC), section 1073J Working credit balance prevents loss of qualification in certain cases