18.104.22.168 Supplementary benefits & employment assistance for WA recipients
Other departmental benefits
WA recipients MAY also qualify for the following benefits, if they meet the relevant qualification criteria:
- rent assistance (22.214.171.124)
- pharmaceutical allowance (126.96.36.199)
- telephone allowance (188.8.131.52)
- utilities allowance (184.108.40.206)
- crisis payment (220.127.116.11)
- clean energy advance (18.104.22.168)
- clean energy supplement (22.214.171.124)
- remote area allowance (126.96.36.199)
- bereavement assistance (188.8.131.52)
- PCC in restricted circumstances (184.108.40.206)
Explanation: A WA recipient receives a PCC where they are 60 years of age or more and have been receiving income support for the preceding 9 months.
- pension supplement if over age pension age (220.127.116.11)
- education entry payments (18.104.22.168)
- language, literacy and numeracy training and supplement (22.214.171.124), or
- pensioner education supplement (126.96.36.199).
Policy reference: SS Guide 3.8.1 RA - qualification & payability, 3.8.2 PhA - qualification & payability, 3.8.6 EdEP - Qualification & Payability, 3.8.7 TAL - qualification & payability, 3.8.8 RAA - qualification & payability, 3.8.9 FAA - eligibility & payability, 3.9.1 HCC - Qualification Provisions, 3.9.2 PCC - Qualification Provisions, 3.7.4 CrP - qualification & payability, 3.1.5 Bereavement payment provisions, 3.12.1 Pension supplement - qualification & payability, 3.15.1 CEA - qualification & payability, 3.15.2 ES - qualification & payability
WA recipients are eligible for employment assistance through jobactive or CDP, which will not affect their qualification for WA or make any difference to their obligations.
Explanation: This means they do not have to look for work although they may choose to do so on a voluntary basis.
WA recipients MAY also qualify for payment of various training allowance components.
WA recipients may receive the following incentives to take up a job:
- access to working credits
- payment of certain supplementary benefits during the employment income nil rate period
- continued use of their HCC or PCC for a certain period, and
- able to have their payment resumed during the employment income nil rate period if they report a fall in income sufficient for WA to be payable again.
Act reference: SSAct section 23(4A) Despite subsection (4) …, section 23(4AA) For the purposes of subsection (4A) …, section 1061ZEA Further extended qualification rule: loss of payment because of employment income (PCC), section 1073J Working credit balance prevents loss of qualification in certain cases