220.127.116.11 Supplementary benefits & employment assistance for WidB recipients
Note: WidB ceased on 20 March 2020. The following information is for historical purposes only.
Other departmental benefits
WidB recipients MAY also qualify for the following benefits, if they meet the relevant qualification criteria:
- rent assistance
- pension supplement
- crisis payment
- education entry payment
- remote area allowance
- pensioner concession card
- clean energy advance
- energy supplement, and
- pensioner education supplement.
Policy reference: SS Guide 3.8.1 RA - qualification & payability, 3.12.1 Pension supplement - qualification & payability, 3.8.3 PES - Qualification & Payability, 3.8.8 RAA - qualification & payability, 3.7.4 CrP - qualification & payability, 3.8.6 EdEP - Qualification & Payability, 3.9.2 PCC - Qualification Provisions, 3.15.1 CEA - qualification & payability, 3.15.2 ES - qualification & payability
WidB recipients can register and be eligible for employment assistance under the Job Network arrangements, which will not affect their qualification for WidB or make any difference to their obligations.
Explanation: This means they do not have to look for work.
WidB recipients MAY also qualify for payment of various training allowance components.
WidB recipients may receive the following incentives to take up a job:
- access to working credits
- payment of certain supplementary benefits during the employment income nil rate period
- continued use of their PCC for a certain period, and
- able to have their payment resumed during the employment income nil rate period if they report a fall in income sufficient for WidB to be payable again.
Act reference: SSAct section 23(4A) Despite subsection (4) …, section 23(4AA) For the purposes of subsection (4A) …, section 1061ZEA Further extended qualification rule: loss of payment because of employment income (PCC)