220.127.116.11 Supplementary benefits & employment assistance for BVA recipients
Note: BVA closed to new entrants on 20 March 2020. Those receiving BVA before 20 March 2020 may continue to receive the payment until the end of their bereavement period, as long as they remain eligible. From 20 March 2020, BVA recipients who require income support at the end of their bereavement period can claim JSP or another income support payment.
Other departmental benefits
BVA recipients MAY also qualify for the following benefits, if they meet the relevant qualification criteria:
- rent assistance
- pension supplement
- remote area allowance
- clean energy advance
- clean energy supplement
- crisis payment, and
- pensioner concession card.
Policy reference: SS Guide 3.8.1 RA - Qualification & Payability, 3.12.1 Pension supplement - qualification & payability, 3.8.8 RAA - Qualification & Payability, 3.7.4 CrP - qualification & payability, 3.9.2 PCC - Qualification Provisions, 3.15.1 CEA - Qualification & Payability, 3.15.2 ES - Qualification & Payability
BVA recipients may receive the following employment incentives:
- access to working credits
- payment of certain supplementary benefits during the employment income nil rate period
- continued use of their PCC for a certain period, and
- able to have their payment resumed during the employment income nil rate period if they report a fall in income sufficient for BVA to be payable again.
Act reference: SSAct section 23(4A) Despite subsection (4) …, section 23(4AA) For the purposes of subsection (4A) …, section 1061ZEA Further extended qualification rule: loss of payment because of employment income (PCC)