220.127.116.11 Notification & recipient obligations for MOB
Notifiable events for MOB
In addition to the common notifiable events, MOB recipients must notify Centrelink within the 14 day notification period, if any of the following events occur, or are likely to occur:
- change of employer, OR
- cessation of JSP, OR
- cessation of YA, OR
- cessation of Austudy, OR
- receipt of a car under the Vehicle Assistance Scheme from DVA, OR
- become a participant in the NDIS and receive a funded package of support, OR
- commencing a DoH funded rehabilitation program, OR
- leaving Australia, OR
- in gaol or psychiatric confinement.
If receiving MOB at the standard rate:
- cessation of paid work, vocational training, or voluntary work, OR
- the number of hours spent on vocational training, work or voluntary work falls below 32 hours every 4 weeks, OR
- cessation of job search activities as part of an EPP with an employment services provider,
- cessation of participation in DES - DMS.
If receiving MOB at the higher rate:
- the number of hours spent working falls to below 15 hours a week, OR
- change job search activities under an EPP, or an agreement with a DESE funded service provider, to look for work of less than 15 hours per week, OR
- cessation of job search activities under an EPP, or with a DESE funded service provider.
Some notification and recipient obligations are common to MOST payments, and are explained in 3.1.