18.104.22.168 Notification & Recipient Obligations for CA
CA notifiable events
In addition to the common notifiable events, a person receiving CA MUST notify Centrelink within the 14 day notification period, if any of the following events occur, or are likely to occur:
- the amount of care given to the care receiver/s changes, OR
- the care receiver/s:
- can no longer be considered to have a disability, OR
- temporarily leaves the care of the carer, OR
- is away from home and is NOT in respite care or hospital, OR
- is in respite care or hospital (1.1.R.250) for more than 63 days in a year, OR
- leaves Australia, OR
- changes their address, OR
- goes to live with another person.
- the carer:
A 28 day notification period applies to carers notifying the death of the care receiver/s.
Act reference: SS(Admin)Act section 67 Person who has made a claim, section 68 Person receiving social security payment or holding concession card, section 69 Person who has received a social security payment or who has held a concession card, section 81 Cancellation or suspension for non-compliance with certain notices
Some notification and recipient obligations are common to MOST payments, and are explained in 3.1.