22.214.171.124 Notification & Recipient Obligations for SpB
Notifiable events for SpB
In addition to the common notifiable events, SpB recipients must notify Centrelink within the 14-day notification period, if any of the following events occur, or are likely to occur:
- the recipient or their partner:
- commence any form of paid work, or
- changes residency status, or
- travel overseas for any purpose, or
- start to receive income, or change the level of income, or
- buy or sell shares or managed investments, or
- receive bonus shares, or
- have combined assets of more than the amount specified, or
- receive superannuation, or
- move into or out of a nursing home (1.1.N.140), hostel (1.1.H.90) or retirement village (1.1.R.270), or
- receives compensation, or
- receives payment under NEIS, or
- apply for or vary enrolment at an educational institution, or
- receives an overseas pension, or
- receives other government payments.
Example: Another social security or DVA payment.
- the recipient:
- marries, separates or divorces, or
- for recipients under 18 years of age, they:
- move back to the parental home, or
- receive continuing support from parents or another person, or
- receive continuing support from another Australian Government department, or a State or Territory authority.
Recipients have 28 days to notify of a bereavement.
Some notification and recipient obligations are common to most payments, and explained in 3.1.3.
Policy reference: SS Guide 3.1.3 Notification & recipient obligations