220.127.116.11 Confirmation of Concession Card Entitlement
Confirmation of concession card entitlement
Confirmation of concession card entitlement may be provided to a current cardholder to verify their entitlement to one of the following cards:
- HCC (including low income HCC),
- pensioner concession card, or
- Commonwealth seniors health card.
Confirmation of concession card entitlement can be issued when the delegate is satisfied that a cardholder has an urgent need to use their concession card and cannot wait for a system generated card.
Explanation: Short delays may be experienced when concession cards are granted or regranted and sent through the mail.
Situations which may require use of the confirmation of concession card entitlement
The confirmation of concession card entitlement may be used where the cardholder:
- will incur valid medical, energy, transport, education, housing or other expenses within the next few days for which a card would be needed to obtain a concession, AND
- cannot reasonably be expected to wait for a system-issued replacement card.