188.8.131.52 DSP - Current Rates
This table shows the current maximum rates for DSP in dollars per fortnight (pf). The rate for a person aged 21 or over, or aged under 21 with a dependent child (1.1.D.70) is a common rate (184.108.40.206).
The rates in the table below are the sum of the maximum basic rate and YDS. YDS of $129.80 pf is payable to DSP recipients under 21 without children.
|21 years or over, or under 21 years with a dependent child.||220.127.116.11 Common pension rates|
- under 18 years, without children, NOT independent and NOT living away from parental home because of a medical condition
- under 18 years, without children and independent or living away from parental home because of a medical condition
- 18-20 years, without children, living at home of parent/s and is NOT independent
- 18-20 years, without children and NOT living at home of parent/s or is living at home of parent/s but is independent
- under 21 years, with a dependent child
18.104.22.168 Common pension rates
|Partnered||- 21 years or over, or under 21 years with a dependent child
- under 21 years without children
|22.214.171.124 Common pension rates
Act reference: SSAct section 117 How to work out a person's DSP rate, section 1064 Rate of age, disability support, wife pensions and CP (people who are not blind), section 1066A Rate of DSP (people under 21 who are not blind), section 1065 Rate of Age and DSP (blind people), section 1066B Rate of DSP (people under 21 who are blind), section 1067A When a person is regarded as independent
Policy reference: SS Guide 3.15.2 ES - Qualification & Payability
See 126.96.36.199 common pension rates.
DSP rates for people under 21 years without children are indexed to changes in the CPI, and the effective date of indexation is 1 January each year.
The rate payable to people under 21 years, without children, is limited to the common pension rates in the same circumstances.
Act reference: SSAct section 1198A Adjustment of single pension rate MBR amounts, section 1198B Adjustment of DSP (under 21) MBRs, section 1198C Adjustment of youth disability supplement
Timing of payments
See 188.8.131.52 Common pension rates.