126.96.36.199 Reviews - Compensation
If a person, or their partner (1.1.P.85), is expected to receive or starts to receive compensation (1.1.C.240), or a variation in the rate of compensation, then a review will be conducted. It is also important that the partner of the compensation recipient is reviewed as compensation can effect a partner's payment. This topic contains information on reviews of compensation. This topic explains the following:
- details needed on grant or variation of compensation,
- review of periodic compensation adjustment, and
- reviews - changes in compensation payments.
Details needed on grant or variation of compensation
If a person has compensation granted or their rate of compensation varies, a delegate MUST obtain details of the:
- current rate of compensation paid to:
- the compensation recipient, AND
- the partner, AND
- each dependent child (1.1.D.70) AND
- the date:
- of the first payment of compensation, OR
- that payment at the new rate began.
ALL details MUST be verified by obtaining documentation from the:
- compensation recipient, OR
- the compensation payer/insurer.
Policy reference: SS Guide 2.2 Verification
Review of periodic compensation adjustment
Compensation payments are usually adjusted periodically. A date for reviewing the next adjustment should be noted on the system for when the increase is likely to occur.
Example: CPI increases or reduction in compensation rates due to length of time on compensation payments.
Reviews - changes in compensation payments
The following table shows the review treatment of various changes to a compensation recipient's compensation payments.
|lump sum and arrears payments are made,||
|compensation payments cease,||
|compensation ceases because a DSP compensation recipient is considered fit for work,||